If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should first contact DEAR READER at 09 360 0383.
Collection of Information
In order to use the DEAR READER website, we may require information from you in order to provide the best service possible.
All correspondence may also be collected and stored, particularly in regard to sales, support and accounts, including Email.
Information is collected via correspondence from you or your company. This may be via the telephone, Email, mail, through our website, or directly from you..
Use of Collection Information
Any details collected from DEAR READER customers is required in order to provide you with our products and/or services, and a high level of customer service.
Correspondence is recorded in order to provide service reference.
Storage of Collected Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card numbers) on our website, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). When Credit Card details are collected, we simply pass them on in order to be processed as required. We never permanently store complete Credit Card details.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
If you have any questions about security on our Website, you can email us at email@example.com
Access to Collected Information
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, delete or deactivate it by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you purchase a product or service from us, we may request certain personally identifiable information from you. You may be required to provide contact information (such as name, Email, and postal address) and financial information (such as credit card number, expiration date).
We use this information for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we will use this information to contact you.
DEAR READER uses personally identifiable information for essential communications, such as Emails, accounts information, and critical service details. We may also use this information for other purposes, including some promotional Emails. If at any time a customer wishes not to receive such correspondence, they can request to be removed from any mailing lists by emailing us at email@example.com
DEAR READER may at its discretion use other third parties to provide essential services on our site or for our business processes. We may share your details as necessary for the third party to provide that service.
These third parties are prohibited from using your personally identifiable information for any other purpose.
DEAR READER does not share any information with third parties for any unknown or unrelated uses.
2. Security Policy
DEAR READER Security Policy
DEAR READER uses the eWAY Payment Gateway for its online credit card transactions. eWAY processes online credit card transactions for New Zealand merchants, providing a safe and secure means of collecting payments via the Internet. All online credit card transactions performed on this site using the eWAY gateway are secured payments.
- Payments are fully automated with an immediate response.
- Your complete credit card number cannot be viewed by the DEAR READER or any outside party.
- DEAR READER is prohibited from storing the card security number.
- All transactions are performed under 128 Bit SSL Certificate.
- All transaction data is encrypted for storage within eWAY’s bank-grade data centre, further protecting your credit card data.
- eWAY is an authorised third party processor for all the major banks.
- eWAY at no time touches your funds; all monies are directly transferred from your credit card to the merchant account held by the DEAR READER.
- All transactions will be billed in NZD New Zealand Dollars
For more information about eWAY and online credit card payments, please visit www.eWAY.io/nz
“DEAR READER” is the trading name of DEAR READER LTD, a business operated and registered in New Zealand.
All prices are in New Zealand dollars (NZD) and include GST (15% sales tax). Prices are subject to change without notice.
5. Purchasing and Delivery Policy
You can purchase either through “categories” each of which has a curated selection of books or by reference to a specific book or to the entire database in our “Full catalogue”. If the book selected is out of stock, you can still place your order. We'll be in touch as soon as practicable with an expected date.
- If you'd like to collect your purchase from the store, select Pickup ($0.00). We will package your book and hold it under your name.
- If you'd like your book couriered, select Auckland Courier ($5.00). A tracking number will be emailed to you. Unfortunately we cannot courier to RD addresses or P.O. Boxes and you will need to use our Rest of NZ option.
Rest of NZ
- Select Out of Auckland NZ Post ($7.00) or Rural Delivery ($10.70). We will send your parcel tracked via NZ Post.
- Select International (We will contact you- $0.00). We will arrange a shipping quote and contact you.
You can pay this through a E-way, by phone with a credit card, voucher or in-store.
After ordering online, you will receive an email confirmation from eWAY containing your order details (if you have provided your email address).
We will confirm receipt of your order as soon as practicable. We will attempt to send your order via NZ Post within 1-3 working days,
If your item is out of stock when you order is placed, we will contact you to discuss an expected delivery date in-store. If the expected delivery date of the item is delayed by more than 10 working days, we will inform you of the delay and you have the option to request a refund.
No Signature Required
All deliveries will not require a signature unless specifically stated by you.
If you wish to query a delivery please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Returns/Refund Policies
We accept returns for exchange to a different item(s) up to 30 days after date of purchase either instore or online, subject to the following conditions:
- Returned items must be accompanied by proof of purchase (eg. a receipted Tax Invoice, or order confirmation email)
- Be in a saleable condition
- Defective books will be replaced with the SAME title
- The item was in stock at the time of purchase and not ordered in for you (ie a special order)
- Shipping charges are not refundable (unless the item shipped was wrong/defective)
- We do not pay for postage on returns
- Books with CD-ROMS or disks CANNOT be returned once the seals on these items have been broken
- We do not offer cash refunds (unless the goods are defective). Instead, all exchange items will be replaced with items to the same value